Retrospectator

Another misinformed, misguided but opinionated individual who feels the need to contribute. Now you too can view the world through the the eyes of a middle-aged man who can't see his toes, let alone the point of it all.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006


6 Handy Hints For Pitching A Tent

'Where am I sleeping tonight', I asked Ben. He pointed at a small blue cotton bag about the size of a loaf of bread. 'In there', he replied......I'll be lucky to fit my shoes in there, I thought to myself, let alone Virginnia and the kids.

It suddenly occured to me then that he was pointing to a tent, and that he actually wanted me to set it up. 'Where's the instruction manual', I inquired.....he'd already walked off:

1. Start to pitch your tent before you start drinking from the pitcher (do as I say, not as I do).
2. Choose a firm, dry and level place to pitch your tent - not a drainage ditch.
3. Use all the parts supplied in the tent bag - remember to put the pegs in.
4. There is a reason you have been provided with an outer sleeve - it's called rain.
5. Zip up the mosquito netting before you go to bed - not after.
6. Buy a self-pitching tent - even I can put one up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home