Retrospectator

Another misinformed, misguided but opinionated individual who feels the need to contribute. Now you too can view the world through the the eyes of a middle-aged man who can't see his toes, let alone the point of it all.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Lounging about in Amsterdam...

I was still flicking flakes of snow off my overcoat as I entered the BA Lounge at Schipol Airport last night. There was a blizzard outside and the whiteout had resulted in most flights being cancelled - so you can imagine the turmoil on the concourse below.

I, and my fellow business-class travellers, were determined to grit our teeth and ride out the storm (in 5-star luxury). With grim determination I made the long journey from my leather bound chair to the free bar (3.5 meters) and poured myself a large glass of Bordeaux - best make it a double to keep the cold out.

I was encouraged to enjoy the hospitality of British Airways, but I fear I may have exploited their generosity. Four hours and twenty five minutes after entering the lounge I finally heard the call for flight BA8118 announced over the PA. With wobbly-boot well and truly double knotted, I fought through the crowd and occupied my reserved exit ailse seat.

'Would you like a complimentary drink sir?, asked the stewardess.

'Why not!', I responded. Afterall, it had been a long walk from the lounge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home