Retrospectator

Another misinformed, misguided but opinionated individual who feels the need to contribute. Now you too can view the world through the the eyes of a middle-aged man who can't see his toes, let alone the point of it all.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007


'(beep, beep, beep), Mind the doors (you idiot)'...

Have you ever walked into a glass door? Have you ever completely missed a chair, while trying to sit down? Or maybe (this one has happened to most of us) you have casually leaned back in your chair at the bar and your elbow has slipped off the armrest - making you look far more pissed than you actually are.

Don't fret if any of the above - or all - have happened to you. You'll feel much better about yourself when I tell you that, tonight, I forgot to duck when the tube doors closed and nearly got my head stuck.

I have no excuse. There is a warning announcement telling everyone that the doors are about to close. They even beep very loudly before they close. On top of this, the platform attendent even barked 'mind the doors', before my forehead and the sliding door introduced themselves to each over.

An older women next to me gave me a patronising smile. A guy opposite me just smirked into his newspaper - while I gingerly rubbed the red welt between my ears. Let's face it. We all suffer from embarassing mishaps....just the number of witnesses vary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home