Retrospectator

Another misinformed, misguided but opinionated individual who feels the need to contribute. Now you too can view the world through the the eyes of a middle-aged man who can't see his toes, let alone the point of it all.

Sunday, September 10, 2006



That cap is Gangsta...

My son has formed a very close and, dare I say it, unhealthy relationship - it's with his baseball cap. So attached is he to his cap, that I do not have one single photo of him without his precious headwear since he purchased the over-priced piece of cardboard and cloth nearly three months ago.

My eldest son informs me that I should 'chill' and that the offending item is 'Gangsta' - I've responded with 'that's cool' and immediately realised that I had channelled my mother's spirit from 1975 when she danced in a strange twisting motion to a song on the radio and tried to convince me of her street credibility by telling me she thought the tune was 'cool'.

I don't want to sound like my parents......but (oh, my God) I do! It won't be long before I'm telling the boys to pull their trousers up because I can see their boxer shorts, or even worse, I'll try and rap to one of their favourite bands and then start dancing 1980s style to the accompanying video clip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home