Retrospectator

Another misinformed, misguided but opinionated individual who feels the need to contribute. Now you too can view the world through the the eyes of a middle-aged man who can't see his toes, let alone the point of it all.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

World Class Service...

Last week I attempted to re-activate my private health insurance. I was in Brookvale so I decided to visit the local branch of HCF personally instead of tackling their computer voice-activated, multi-choice push button service.

'Hello, I'd like to re-activate my account', I said smiling at the frumpy woman behind the counter.

'Yes, sir', responded the customer services assistant. 'I'll just need some evidence that you have returned to Australia'.

I paused for a moment. 'Okay. Here's my passport'.

'I'm sorry sir, but I'll need some proof that you have returned to Australia before I can re-activate your account'.

'Yes, that's what I am doing', I quipped.

'No, I need to see some evidence that you have actually returned to Australia', she persisted.

'Here's my passport and here I am - what more do you need?', I responded with some frustration.

'Do you still have a copy of your boarding pass?, she asked me.

'My boarding pass?', I asked in disbelief.

'Yes, your boarding pass will be proof enough that you have returned to Australia'.

'But I'm standing in front of you - surely that's enough proof that I have returned to Australia', I blurted out a little too abruptly.

What followed was a frank and detailed discription of my theory on time-space quantum science and its relation to metaphysics.

'Please wait a moment sir, I'll just have to get my manager'.

She stormed off as the stranger, who had been standing behind me in the queue, called out after her 'I can vouch for the fact that he is actually standing in Australia'.....

The manager returned after a few minutes, rolled her eyes at the situation and personally processed my payment to re-activate my account...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home