Retrospectator

Another misinformed, misguided but opinionated individual who feels the need to contribute. Now you too can view the world through the the eyes of a middle-aged man who can't see his toes, let alone the point of it all.

Sunday, June 24, 2007


Oh Deer...

'Mmmm, I think I'll try the venison goulash', I told the waitress. 'Und ein gross Berliner Pils, Danke'. Virginnia and I had entered a cold war of our own, so I decided I would enjoy a very large beer on the last day of our trip to Berlin.

'Daddy, what's venison?, inquired my daughter Larisa. We were in a little restaurant just off the River Spree in the old part of what used to be East Berlin. I had a sudden pang of guilt. Only last week I was feeding carrots to deer in the Knole with her.

'It's a special German meat', I paused. 'Dear...' While I hadn't lied - technically....I did feel bad. I chewed quickly on my venison goulash, and changed the subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home