Retrospectator

Another misinformed, misguided but opinionated individual who feels the need to contribute. Now you too can view the world through the the eyes of a middle-aged man who can't see his toes, let alone the point of it all.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Life in the fast lane...

I had Ben's Audi convertable over the weekend. I was going to take it for a drive onto mainland Europe, but I think he would have noticed a few thousand miles on the clock, so I settled for a cruise around nearby Kent and a bit of posing on the Caterham High Street.

A flash sports car does make me feel a little younger and more handsome. I could almost feel the air whistling through what is left of my hair, as I diligently maintained the correct speed limit on the M23.

'Will you put your foot down you old fart', barked my wife at me.....instantly ruining any preconceptions I may have about to have had about my station in life.

I managed to maintain the correct 10 to 2 hand formation on the contoured steering wheel, as I gently eased my foot off the accelerator to reduce our speed by a couple of miles an hour....just to annoy her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home