Retrospectator

Another misinformed, misguided but opinionated individual who feels the need to contribute. Now you too can view the world through the the eyes of a middle-aged man who can't see his toes, let alone the point of it all.

Monday, June 11, 2007

Not the outdoors type...

My son Mika went to summer camp with his school today.....I miss him already. I remember the first camp I ever went to. I won't humiliate myself by telling you how long ago it was, but I can tell you that I was wearing flares and tight fitting polyester body shirt.

Some of you may have gathered from my previous blog entries that I'm not exactly the 'outdoors type', but I must admit that I did benefit from the experience. No - it didn't make a man of me. I returned home the same insecure, snivelling 'big girls blouse' that left apprehensively seven days earlier.

However, I was far more grateful for the small comforts in life and food that appeared on my plate rather than from the bottom of a pond, or from inside some hole in the ground. I think my dad may have even missed me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home