Retrospectator

Another misinformed, misguided but opinionated individual who feels the need to contribute. Now you too can view the world through the the eyes of a middle-aged man who can't see his toes, let alone the point of it all.

Monday, October 16, 2006

It's my age, not my IQ...

Over-qualified? Surely there must be a mistake?...are you sure? Nuutinen, yes that's right. I'm from Australia - colonies. Yes...kangaroos, Kylie Minogue and the Crocodile Hunter. But weren't you after an experienced Publisher with a proven B2B track-record? Oh, not that much experience....

Probably the best response that I've had to a job application is: 'We were very impressed with your credentials and track record, and while we have no doubt in your ability to succeed in this role, we have decided not to offer you the job'. We'd rather give it to someone that has no idea.

What went wrong? I can't remember acting like a dickhead at the interview. I don't recall talking in tongues, or having a turets episode. My wife thinks I may have spent too much time talking about myself (it's a bloody job interview!).

Anyway, I'll never know. My request for some honest and constructive feedback was met with 'this decision in no way reflects upon your skills, experience or the interview' followed by claus 9 of the anti-discrimination act.

Obviously, I don't need to dumb down my resume to look stupid...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home