Retrospectator

Another misinformed, misguided but opinionated individual who feels the need to contribute. Now you too can view the world through the the eyes of a middle-aged man who can't see his toes, let alone the point of it all.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Office...

With the same efficiency and dedication to detail that has enabled the Home Office to incorrectly issue over 10,000 passports to illegal immigrants and known terrorists over the past 12 months - in addition to losing more than 3 passports a week - this world class organisation has managed to lose my family application for EEA status - again!

Just as I pondered whether there is in fact a more incompetent Government department to deal with, I received a letter from Inland Revenue.....the same department that lost my children's birth certificates, that paid me tax credits and then demanded them back - the same department that (apparantly) lost all records of my existance, but has now informed me that their records indicate that I may (they are not too sure) have paid too much tax between 2001 - 2005....even though I was neither living or working in the UK.

No doubt I will receive some sort of tax credit....and then a demand for its return 3 weeks later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home