Retrospectator

Another misinformed, misguided but opinionated individual who feels the need to contribute. Now you too can view the world through the the eyes of a middle-aged man who can't see his toes, let alone the point of it all.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006


Bollards to you!

When I lived in Australia I would commute to work in a car. Isolated and insulated from the general population, my view of the world was filtered by what I heard on the radio. Here in England I travel predominently by train.....and what an education it is!

This evening I sat next to a bollard (phallic device used to prevent vehicles from mounting the kerb) salesman. He was a rather conservative gentleman who quietly worked on his crossword - until his telephone rang and his purpose for living was fulfilled....he immediately turned into Bollard Man. A man with such intimate and deep knowledge of bollards that I could not understand the need for such information. Yes, what differentiated this man from his fellow passengers was his immense knowledge of traffic control devices.

I listened intently to his conversation, until my eyes glazed over and I nodded off...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home