Retrospectator

Another misinformed, misguided but opinionated individual who feels the need to contribute. Now you too can view the world through the the eyes of a middle-aged man who can't see his toes, let alone the point of it all.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Back to the future...

I was the recipient of a gratuitis 'comb-over' at the hairdresser today. It really was a trip back into the future for me. As I stared in disbelief into the mirror. The image that looked forlonly back at me was a strange morph of my childhood and old age.

At first I was transported back to my childhood, when my mother used to drench my hair in Brylcream and execute a severe comb-over from one ear to the other - this fashionable hair style used to be accompanied by a pair of large white walk socks, a pair of small blue shorts and a powder blue bottoned shirt - tucked into my shorts, which were pulled up to just below my chin (sadly, I have photographic evidence).

However, as continued I to stare at my reflection, I got an insight into the future. I fear that I will one day wake up an decide that a comb-over really does look good....I've told Virginnia to perform a mercy killing if I start to tuck my crisply ironed shirt into my underwear and begin to wear my trousers proudly above my belly button.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home