Retrospectator

Another misinformed, misguided but opinionated individual who feels the need to contribute. Now you too can view the world through the the eyes of a middle-aged man who can't see his toes, let alone the point of it all.

Sunday, November 05, 2006


From social case to corporate manbag...

It looks like the holiday is over - I've been made a job offer. As with most the jobs I've secured in my life it was neither expected or aggressively sought after....it just sort of happened. I can only assume the fancy new shirt I wore to the final interview must have mesmerised them...I don't remember being particularly engaging or visionary (no more than normal).

I will be (assuming the contract turns up on Monday) the new Sales Director for an online solutions business targeting professional services segments with innovative products and services - however, my business card will most likely just have Sales Director printed on it. I'll be working in Holborn - 5 minutes drive to the station, 37 minutes of contemplation on the train to London and a further 15 minutes of close physical contact on the tube and then a brisk 2 minute walk to the office.

To celebrate my imminent appointment and loss of social freedom, I purchased another fancy business shirt, new leather wallet to put my hard-earned cash into and a brief case, which looks suspiciously like a metrosexual's manbag - but I've been assured that it is actually Hidesign Tiker Sling Across Body Bag, Brown.

If only everything in life was so accurately named...anyway, I'm off to the kitchen to get a Cool Refreshing Liquid, Orange from a Glass Receptical, Transparant - that is stored in my Large Cool Thing that Hums at Night, White.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home