Retrospectator

Another misinformed, misguided but opinionated individual who feels the need to contribute. Now you too can view the world through the the eyes of a middle-aged man who can't see his toes, let alone the point of it all.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Idiot box...

The first time I saw the two beefy gentlemen sitting at the bar watching Neighbours on the pub television I didn't give it a thought. I considered the second time a coincidence. However, when I turned up at The George for lunch today, there they were again.....on their favourite stools intently watching Toady and co struggling through some lame script.

As the actors laboured through their lines the two would exchange knowing glances and hypothosise on the plot.

'I can't believe she's taken him back', says the larger of the two. Shaking his head in disbelief as he sips on his beer.
'E's a sneaky one, that doctor, inn't he', nods the other.
'While she's been in hospital, his been living the life of Riley (another pause in disbelief) and now he just waltzes back into her life'. He thumps his fist against his thigh in anger.
'The prick!', his friend exclaims.

Suddenly the television bursts into the all too familiar Neighbours theme tune and subtitles replace the actors on the screen.

'Awwwh....we're going to have to wait until tomorrow', sighs the one closest to me.

What on earth are a couple of big boofy blokes deep in the English countryside shedding tears over an Australian soap opera? I didn't want to find out....Virginnia and I stood up and left quietly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home