Retrospectator

Another misinformed, misguided but opinionated individual who feels the need to contribute. Now you too can view the world through the the eyes of a middle-aged man who can't see his toes, let alone the point of it all.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Flap, Flap, Thump...

Who said slap-stick was dead? I entertained the inner Western Suburbs today with a hilarious display of incompetence involving a Queen sized mattress, a set of roof racks and some losely fitted rope.

The load certainly seemed secure when I exited from the IKEA carpark in Rhodes. However, I was a little concerned when the mattress started flapping wildly everytime I exceeded 40 kph. None-the-less I continued my 16 kilometer journey back to civilisation to the accompaniment of blaring horns and derogatory hand signals.

I was quite relieved that, when the restraining rope eventually snapped, it was as I turned into my driveway, and not the expressway leading down to the Roseville Bridge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home